Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
In Green Local Schools it is our top priority to provide a safe and secure environment for your child at all times. In recent years, there have been some wonderful upgrades to our parking lot areas to enhance the safety of our students when entering and exiting the building. Please take a moment to review the important safety procedures regarding parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up at Green Intermediate School.
A.M. Drop-Off Procedures
- Begins at 8:10 a.m. Students are not permitted to enter the building prior to this time, unless attending the Y-Care program.
- Please join our drop-off line in the east/stadium parking lot and wait patiently for the line to move forward.
- Your child will be required to remain in the vehicle until entering the designated drop-off area. To maximize efficiency, please pull ahead to the furthest point along the curb. All students must exit the vehicle on the right side onto the sidewalk.
- Students will enter the building at Door 3 (side).
- Parent drop-off ends promptly at 8:30 a.m. All students are expected to be seated in homerooms by 8:35 a.m.
P.M. Pick-Up Procedures
- All parent pick-ups will take place at the drop-off area (east/stadium parking lot) by Door 3, beginning at approximately 3:10 p.m. Due to the rerouting of Bulldog Boulevard and the need to create a new bus path through the stadium parking lot, the starting location of our PM parent pick-up line will be adjusted as of Monday, September 18, 2023. Please see the map below for updated details. After buses have cleared at approximately 2:55 p.m., cars will be released to our typical parent pick-up line formation from Door 3.
- If you are regularly picking up your child, please sign up to obtain a Bulldog Pick-Up Pass by CLICKING HERE.
- For safety purposes, parents are not permitted to wait outside Door 3 or approach the pick-up area on foot.
- Remain in your vehicle and join our pick-up line. Place your Bulldog Pick-Up Pass in a visible location, preferably in the passenger side window. Pull up to the designated curbside area, then your child will be safely released to your vehicle.
- If you desire to pick up your child in person, it is required to sign him/her out in the school office. Please remember to send a note in the morning to alert the teachers and office staff of these occurrences. We ask that last-minute pickups be called into the office prior to 2:30 p.m. so we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- As always, school transportation or parent pick-up is the surest way to get students home safely, so please encourage your child to ride a bus or go through parent pick-up.
- Green Intermediate students are permitted to walk with written permission from a parent or guardian. Please consider the maturity level of your child before allowing them to have this privilege. If the student is walking daily, please send a note to the office to keep on file. The students walking occasionally (e.g., Dairy Queen, Green Middle School, Green Library, etc.) should have a note of permission from parent/guardian for that day to show the duty teacher before being released.
- Walkers will be held on campus until approximately 3:20 p.m. or until the daily traffic has slowed to a safe flow for the students to be released. These students will be escorted to a crosswalk in front of the building.
For more detailed information regarding our school policies and procedures, please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook, which is available online. Thank you for your understanding and support. We look forward to a great year of partnering together!